Turning 18 is such a big milestone.
Even though you’re still a teenager, you’re an adult in the eyes of, well, everyone!
And although in the States it may seem to be more exciting to turn 21 than 18, there is still so much you can do at 18 that you can’t at 17.
I was so excited to turn 18 and the long list of things you can do once you turn 18 just added to that excited.
So here is..
Everything You Can Do When You Turn 18
- Vote (duh!) You’re a proper adult now who has the right to vote in major (and local) elections. Congratulations!
2. Join the Military
3. Register for the Selective Services (mandatory for males)
4. Get a tattoo
5. Give blood
6. Buy a pet
7. Be on a jury
8. Sue someone
9. Have a drink in most places outside the United States
10. Get married
11. Buy fireworks
12. Buy spray paint
13. Buy a lottery ticket
14. Buy a car
15. Run for state office (in most states)
16. Get a credit card
17. Legally change your name
18. Buy real estate
19. Book a hotel room
20. Buy stock
21. become a notary public
22. Enter an adults-only store
24. Work in a bar and serve drinks
25. Open a bank account
26. Sign yourself out of highschool
27. Have sex legally with someone over 18
28. Get a costco card
29. Apply to find your biological parents (if adopted)
30. Get licensed to drive a truck
31. Work full-time
32. Drive a taxi
33. Register to be an organ donor
34. Got to the ER alone
35. Bet on a horserace
36. Rent an Airbnb
37. Consent to your own medical care
38. Move out of your parents home
39. Buy pornography
40. Adopt a child
41. Pawn your belongings
42. Create a will
43. Buy and use tobacco products
44. Drive late at night
45. Become a realtor
46. Get piercings
47. Buy cigarettes
48. Get a 10-year passport
49. Use a ride-sharing scooter (Lime or Bird)
50. Travel alone
There’s honestly so much to be excited about when it comes to your 18th birthday!
Congratulations! And welcome to the real world
Don’t forget to like, pin, and share me!